John M. Polena
Telephone: (412) 261-3278
While in law school, John served as the web editor for the Pittsburgh Journal of Environmental and Public Health Law and was a certified legal intern at the Environmental Law Clinic. He also interned in the Office of Administrative Law Judges at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, working primarily under the Honorable Raymond Zimmet, and in the legal department of Strategic Energy, LLC. At Washington and Lee, John was a four time letter winner and captain of the wrestling team.
He currently authors and edits Pennsylvania Negligence, a compendium of appellate decisions on Pennsylvania negligence law.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, JD, 2006; Environmental Law, Science and Policy Certificate
- Washington and Lee University, BA, 2003; Pi Kappa Alpha
- United States District Court: Western District of Pennsylvania
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Polena, John M., Pennsylvania Negligence: Philadelphia: George T. Bisel Company, Inc., 2012-2014 ed..
- Falor v. Southwestern Pennsylvania Water Authority, 90 C.D. 2014 (Pa. Cmwlth 2014)
- Bryan v. Erie County Office of Children & Youth, et. al., 861 F.Supp.2d 553 (W.D.Pa. 2012)
- Humberston v. Chevron U.S.A., Inc. et. al., 2013 Pa. Super. 238 (Pa. Super. 2013)