Gretchen J. Fitzer
Telephone: (412) 261-3201
Gretchen’s practice is focused primarily on workers’ compensation, landlord/tenant law, as well as employment issues. She also has experience in appellate matters and defense of personal injury actions. Before entering private practice, she served as a judicial clerk for The Honorable Madaline Palladino of The Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania.
Gretchen is certified as a specialist in the practice of workers’ compensation law by the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Section on Workers’ Compensation Law as authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. Gretchen is among the first attorneys in the state to achieve this certification, based on a comprehensive application process and certification exam.
- Duquesne University School of Law, JD, 1987; associate editor, Duquesne Law Review
- Allegheny College, BA, 1982
- United States District Court: Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals: Third Circuit
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Fellow, Allegheny County Bar Foundation
- Schneider Nat. Carriers v. Workers’ Compensation Appeal Board (Beardon), 786 A.2d 203 (Pa. 2001)
- Bester v. Essex Crane Rental Corp., 619 A.2d 304 (Pa. Super. 1993)
- Consolidated Freightways v. Workers’ Compensation Appeal Board (Jester), 603 A.2d 291 (Pa. Cmwlth. 1992)
- Florists’ Mutual Insurance Co. v. Uniontown Hospital, 13 Pa. D&C 4th 93 (Pa Com. Pl. 1991)